Thursday, April 2, 2020

Assignment stage 1, AArch64 times

I connected to the Aarchie server to get these times. I had to do a little bit of guess and check in order to make the file small enough to run on Aarchie but big enough to still get long enough times out of (a file the size of the one I compressed on matrix took so long that Aarchie just disconnected me before it could finish). I used a file that was roughly 8mb (8.192mb to be exact). 

-03 compiler optimization

My runtimes averaged out to around 2m and 18.5 seconds for -03. A file roughly a 10th of the size of the one I used on matrix takes a little more than half the time. Not entirely unexpected considering Aarchie isn't exactly the strongest machine but its a pretty stark difference which made finding a good file size for this a little tricky.

-02 compiler optimization
These runtimes averaged out to around 2m and 19.2 seconds. This surprised me because the runtime on matrix varied far more between compiler optimizations than it did on AArchie.

-01 compiler optimization

The runtimes averaged out to around 2m and 20.7 seconds. Again, not much of a different between the compiler optimizations. I hope to do more testing to see if I can make it vary more with a larger runtime (if AArchie will cooperate).

No comments:

Post a Comment